Members and Friends –
The IPA has been on the front lines of the tax reform debate in Washington D.C., and continues to advocate for comprehensive reforms for corporations and individuals that will grow our economy and American jobs. As discussions progress in the months ahead, we will continue to actively pursue all opportunities that advance the industry’s priorities.
Recent IPA tax reform advocacy includes:
- On July 17, the IPA submitted a letter to Senator Orrin Hatch, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Finance, in response to his request for comments on comprehensive tax reform.
- Also on July 17, the IPA joined 26 members of the Like-Kind Exchange Coalition in a letter to Senator Hatch, collectively advocating for preservation of the 1031 Like-Kind Exchange.
- A dedicated team of tax and 1031 like-kind exchange experts has held a series of meetings directly with House Ways and Means and Senate Finance Committee leadership. At the request of Ways & Means lead counsel, the IPA submitted a white paper explaining the importance of preserving 1031 like-kind exchanges in any comprehensive tax reform legislation.
- On May 3, over 200 IPA members advocated for comprehensive tax reform on Capitol Hill, holding 236 meetings with members of Congress, covering 30 states.
- Download the IPA Tax Reform Issue Brief
Special thanks to Dan Cullen at Baker Mckenzie – and our partners at the Eris Group – for their leadership on the recent comment letters and on tax reform issues in general. Also thanks to Louis Rogers from Capital Square 1031, David Fisher from ExchangeRight and Dan Wagner at Inland, for their participation in tax reform meetings on Capitol Hill.
We will continue to push forward on these issues and keep our members informed in the weeks and months ahead.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Investment Program Association