Washington, D.C., October 1, 2018 – The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives (“IPA”) elected eight new Board Directors at its recent IPAVision 2018 conference in Chicago. The IPA Board of Directors consists of senior executives from all corners of the Portfolio Diversifying Investments (“PDI”) industry, each elected to a three-year term. In addition, Trisha Miller, Chief Executive Officer of Starwood Capital, L.L.C., was elected by her fellow Board Directors to be the Chair-Elect in 2019. Ella Neyland, President, Steadfast REITs, is the incoming IPA Chair beginning on January 1, 2019.
“The IPA Board of Directors represents the incredible depth and expertise of the PDI industry and is firm in its commitment to strengthening the marketplace for retail alternative investment products,” said Anthony Chereso, President and Chief Executive Officer of the IPA. “The IPA community is blessed to have a high-impact Board, laser-focused and engaged. Together, they offer their time and talent to help advance industry initiatives, while continuing to ensure that the IPA is a strong and effective advocate for PDIs. I would like to welcome our new Board Directors, and I look forward to working with them to continue the important work of the IPA.”
The IPA welcomes the following executives as newly elected Board Members, beginning January 1, 2019:
- Todd Lockwood, Senior Vice President, Operations & Shareholder Relations, CIM Group
- Rick Murphy, President, Berthel Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc.
- Mike Pagano, Executive Vice President, Compliance, Licensing and Risk Assessment, 1stGlobal
- Michael Reisner, co-Chief Executive Officer, CION Investments
- Jeff Taylor, Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer, Black Creek Group
- Rosemarie Thurston, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Leon Volchyok, Managing Director, The Blackstone Group
- Dan Wagner, Senior Vice President of Government Relations, The Inland Real Estate Group
They join the following senior executive leadership, who continue their industry-leading initiatives:
- Michael Choate, Partner, Proskauer
- Daniel Cullen, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Matt Fries, Product Strategy Leader, Cetera Financial Group
- Thayer Gallison, Vice President – Due Diligence Officer, Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services
- Kevin Gannon, President and Managing Director, Robert A. Stanger & Company, Inc. (Ex-Officio)
- Nathan Headrick, Managing Director, Triloma Financial Group (2019 IPA Chair Emeritus)
- Juliana Ingersoll, Director, President and Chief Executive Officer, RREEF Property Trust
- Robert Johnson, Senior Vice President, Wealth Management, Kestra Financial
- Zach Klehr, EVP, Fund Management, FS Investments
- Neil Menard, Managing Partner, Bridgeton Capital Partners LLC
- Trisha Miller, Chief Executive Officer of Starwood Capital, L.L.C. (2019 Chair-Elect)
- Paul Mumma, Vice President, Alternative Investments, Ameriprise Financial
- Ella Neyland, President, Steadfast REITs (2019 Chair)
- Nicole Petrosino, Vice President, Head of Federal Government Relations, LPL Financial
- Kevin Shields, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Griffin Capital Corporation
- Lenny Silverstein, Co-Founder, Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc.
- Ryan Sims, Senior Managing Director, Investment Management, Hines
- Scott Smith, Principal, President & Chief Executive Officer, FactRight LLC
- Allan Swaringen, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jones Lang LaSalle Income Property Trust, Inc.
- Todd Van Pelt, Assistant Vice President, Due Diligence Product Services, Cambridge
- Daniel Wildermuth, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Kalos Financial
About Institute for Portfolio Alternatives
The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives seeks to raise awareness of portfolio diversifying investment (PDI) products among stakeholders and market participants, including: investment advisors, public policymakers and the investing public. It supports increased access to investment strategies with low correlation to the equity markets: lifecycle real estate investment trusts (“Lifecycle REITs”), net asset value REITs (NAV REITs), business development companies (BDCs), interval funds and direct participation programs (DPPs). Through advocacy and industry-leading education, the IPA is committed to ensuring all investors have access to real assets and the opportunity to effectively balance their investment portfolios.