Industry leader Ella Neyland begins term as Board Chair
Washington, D.C., January 24, 2019 – The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives (IPA) recently elected an additional Board Director from Nuveen to begin a three-year term in 2019:
- Keith Jones, Managing Director, Global Products and Solutions, Nuveen
The 2019 IPA Board of Directors is led by Ella Neyland, President, Steadfast REITs, and consists of 30 senior executives who are leading the fast-expanding Portfolio Diversifying Investments (PDI) industry as it navigates new opportunities from retail investors increasingly demanding diversification through alternatives.
“Keith’s addition further strengthens a robust Board that is well-positioned to steer our industry through 2019 and beyond,” incoming 2019 IPA Chair Ella Neyland, President, Steadfast REITs, said. “We saw promising growth for the PDI industry in 2018, and our responsibility as IPA Board Directors is to sustain that growth by continuously improving our product offerings to fit the needs of today’s retail investor. I look forward to leading and working with this talented and engaged group of individuals.”
“Keith is a welcome addition to the IPA Board of Directors, adding even more depth to an impressive lineup of thought leaders from across the retail alternatives community,” said Anthony Chereso, President and Chief Executive Officer of the IPA. “Under Ella’s leadership, I’m confident our Board will meaningfully advance industry initiatives and ensure the IPA’s advocacy efforts are heard across the PDI industry and beyond.”
The following executives were previously elected as Board Members at IPAVision last September:
- Todd Lockwood, Senior Vice President, Operations & Shareholder Relations, CIM Group
- Rick Murphy, President, Berthel Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc.
- Mike Pagano, Executive Vice President, Compliance, Licensing and Risk Assessment, 1stGlobal
- Michael Reisner, co-Chief Executive Officer, CION Investments
- Jeff Taylor, Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer, Black Creek Group
- Rosemarie Thurston, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Leon Volchyok, Managing Director, The Blackstone Group
- Dan Wagner, Senior Vice President of Government Relations, The Inland Real Estate Group
The following executives will continue their terms in 2019:
- Michael Choate, Partner, Proskauer
- Daniel Cullen, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Matt Fries, Product Strategy Leader, Cetera Financial Group
- Thayer Gallison, Vice President – Due Diligence Officer, Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services
- Kevin Gannon, Managing Director, Robert A. Stanger & Co., Inc. (Ex-Officio)
- Nathan Headrick, Managing Director, Triloma Financial Group (2019 Chair Emeritus)
- Robert Johnson, Vice President, Director of Advisory Services, Infinex Financial Group
- Zach Klehr, EVP, Fund Management, FS Investments
- Neil Menard, Managing Partner, Bridgeton Capital Partners LLC
- Trisha Miller, 2019 IPA Chair-Elect
- Paul Mumma, Vice President, Alternative Investments, Ameriprise Financial
- Gloria Nelund, CEO and Founder of TriLinc Global, LLC
- Ella Neyland, President, Steadfast REITs, 2019 IPA Chair
- Nicole Petrosino, Vice President, Head of Federal Government Relations, LPL Financial
- Kevin Shields, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Griffin Capital Corporation
- Lenny Silverstein, Co-Founder, Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc.
- Ryan Sims, Senior Managing Director, Investment Management, Hines
- Scott Smith, Principal, President & Chief Executive Officer, FactRight LLC
- Allan Swaringen, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jones Lang LaSalle Income Property Trust, Inc.
- Todd Van Pelt, Assistant Vice President, Due Diligence Product Services, Cambridge
- Daniel Wildermuth, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Kalos Financial
About Institute for Portfolio Alternatives
The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives seeks to raise awareness of portfolio diversifying investment (PDI) products among stakeholders and market participants, including: investment advisors, public policymakers and the investing public. It supports increased access to investment strategies with low correlation to the equity markets: lifecycle real estate investment trusts (“Lifecycle REITs”), net asset value REITs (NAV REITs), business development companies (BDCs), interval funds and direct participation programs (DPPs). Through advocacy and industry-leading education, the IPA is committed to ensuring all investors have access to real assets and the opportunity to effectively balance their investment portfolios.