Now Accepting IPA Board Nominations
The IPA and its Board of Directors have been responsible for shaping the future of our industry and portfolio diversifying investments through active, visionary leadership for more than 35 years. The IPA’s Board consists of a diverse group of senior executives, reflective of the entire industry. The Board’s mission is to advance critical industry initiatives that provide access to alternative investments, in order to create balanced and diversified portfolios for individual investors, and support member’s business activities.
The Board embodies excellence and adheres to the highest standard of professional and ethical conduct across all aspects of guidance, decision-making and leadership. Board Members play a key role in ensuring legislative and regulatory policies, as well as industry outreach and communications, reflect the IPA’s guiding principles, mission and vision.
Annually, the Board seeks nominees to fill open Board positions, and we are now accepting nominations for the 2023 Board through August 12. All members in good standing are eligible to be nominated.
The Board is a strategically focused and mission-driven body. Its priorities for the upcoming year include:
- Raising awareness and building understanding of portfolio diversifying investments by serving as a credible source for industry performance, data, research and education.
- Championing a legislative and regulatory environment at both the federal and state level that expands access to alternatives and advances transparency, innovation and efficiencies.
- Delivering an exceptional member experience to the companies and individuals participating the marketplace.
- Maximizing organizational effectiveness to achieve strategic growth and sustained success.
Nominees should have extensive industry experience and service, including organizational governance and leadership roles, as well as success in both policy and strategy development and execution.
Positions and Terms
Board Members serve three-year terms and are required to rotate off for a minimum of one year prior to being eligible again for consideration. The following Board positions are open for 2023:
- Six Asset Manager positions
- Three Distribution Partner positions
- Three Industry Partner positions
The Board Nomination Committee is responsible for reviewing all nominees and preparing a slate, representative of the entire IPA community. The slate is presented to the Board for consideration at its annual meeting held during IPAVision on September 20. Newly appointed Directors will serve a three-year term beginning January 1, 2023.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!