IPA Elects New Board Members and Appoints CNL Financial Group’s Chirag Bhavsar as Chair-Elect for 2023
We are pleased to announce the election of 11 new executives to our Board of Directors and the appointment of CNL Financial Group’s Chirag Bhavsar as Chair-Elect for 2023. Chirag currently serves as Co-CEO of CNL Financial Group and CEO of CNL Strategic Capital. He has served as an IPA Director since 2021 and a member of the Board’s Finance and Compensation Committee and Defined Contribution Task Force.
New and existing directors will be led by Matt Fries, Head of Due Diligence at Cetera Financial, who will serve as the 2023 chair.
Please join me in welcoming the following newly elected directors:
- Angie Fisher, 1st Vice President, Fund Operations – Partner Solutions Group, CIM Group
- John McCarthy, Chief Executive Officer, Starwood Real Estate
- Deann Morgan, EVP, Global Head of Product, Nuveen
- Michael Sealy, Chief Capital Markets Officer, Sealy & Company
- Dallas Whitaker, Chief Executive Officer, Carter Exchange
- Patrick Willis, Managing Director and Head of Private Wealth Strategic Partnerships, Blue Owl
- Paul Mumma, Vice President – Alternative Investments, Ameriprise Financial
- Steve Snyder, Senior Vice President, Investment Product Management, LPL Financial
- Daniel Cullen, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Justin Schwartz, Executive Director, DTCC
- Chris Shaw, Vice President, SS&C Technologies
They join the following senior industry leaders who continue their work on the IPA Board of Directors:
- Matt Fries, Chair, Head of Due Diligence at Cetera Financial
- Chirag Bhavsar, Chair-Elect, Co-CEO, CNL Financial Group
- Chair Emeritus, Anne-Marie Vandenberg, President & CEO, RREEF Property Trust and Lead Portfolio Manager of RREEF Management L.L.C. Alternatives
- Christina Adamson, Managing Director, Ares Management Corporation
- Jeremy Beal, Managing Director, Head of Alternative Investments, Wealth Management, Morgan Stanley
- Chase Bolding, Chief Investment Officer & Portfolio Manager, Invesco Real Estate Income Trust, Inc.
- Alice Connaughton, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Bill Duffy, Vice President, Alternative Investments, Fidelity Institutional
- Mark Earley, Chief Executive Officer, Hines Securities Inc.
- Nancy Fahmy, Managing Director, Bank of America
- Thayer Gallison, Senior Vice President of Capital Markets, Head of Product Strategy, Cottonwood Residential
- James Goedtke, Senior Vice President, Due Diligence Analyst & Product Manager, American Portfolio Financial Services, Inc.
- Jason Goode, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP
- Brian Hurley, Managing Partner & General Counsel, Public Securities, Brookfield
- Doug Krupa, Managing Director, Co-Head of Private Wealth Partners, KKR & CO. Inc.
- Paul Mumma, Vice President of Alternative Investments, Ameriprise Financial
- Jerry Pascucci, Managing Director, UBS
- Sheila Rapple, Managing Director, Global Head of Investor Services, Blackstone
- Thomas Sittema, Executive Chairman, Conversus, A Stepstone Company
- Brad Sussman, Vice President, Product Development and Research, Alternative Investments, Global Wealth Solutions, Raymond James
I want to thank both our incoming and outgoing Board of Directors for their unwavering dedication and commitment to the IPA. These individuals are representative of the incredible talent and transformational growth we have seen from across the alternative investment industry. Their collective expertise and experience will undoubtedly lead us to new heights of success. I am confident that together, we will continue to make a positive impact in our industry.
President and CEO
Institute for Portfolio Alternatives