The IPA and its Board of Directors have been responsible for shaping the future of our industry and portfolio diversifying investments through active, visionary leadership for more than 35 years. The IPA’s Board consists of a diverse group of senior executives, reflective of the entire industry. The Board’s mission is to advance critical industry initiatives that provide access to alternative investments, in order to create balanced and diversified portfolios for individual investors, and support member’s business activities.
The Board embodies excellence and adheres to the highest standard of professional and ethical conduct across all aspects of guidance, decision-making and leadership. Board Members play a key role in ensuring legislative and regulatory policies, as well as industry outreach and communications, reflect the IPA’s guiding principles, mission and vision.
Annually, the Board seeks nominees to fill open Board positions, and we are now accepting nominations for the 2024 Board. All members in good standing are eligible to be nominated.
The Board is a strategically focused and mission-driven body. Its priorities for the upcoming year include:
- Raising awareness and building understanding of portfolio diversifying investments by serving as a credible source for industry education, performance, data and research.
- Championing a regulatory and legislative environment at both the federal and state level that expands access to alternatives and advances transparency, innovation and efficiencies.
- Delivering exceptional member value and experience to the companies and individuals participating the marketplace.
- Maximizing organizational effectiveness to achieve strategic growth and sustained success.
Nominees should have strong industry experience and service, including organizational governance and leadership roles, as well as success in strategy development and execution.
If you would like to be considered for a position on the Board, submit the following materials via email to email@example.com on or before Friday, August 11:
- IPA Board Member Questionnaire
- Up to two (2) letters of recommendation (at least one outside your employer)
- A recent bio and headshot
Positions and Terms
Board Members serve three-year terms and are required to rotate off for a minimum of one-year prior to being eligible again for consideration. The following Board positions are open for 2024:
- Five (4) Asset Manager positions
- Five (5) Distribution Partner positions
- Four (4) Industry Partner positions
The Board Nomination Committee is responsible for reviewing all nominees and preparing a slate that is representative of the entire IPA community. The slate is presented to the Board for consideration at its annual meeting held during IPAVision on September 19. Newly appointed Directors will serve a three-year term beginning January 1, 2024.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
Senior Vice President of Capital Markets,
Head of Product Strategy, Cottonwood Residential
Chair, Board Nomination Committee