Do you love to plan events for people and get personal satisfaction from seeing attendees smile and truly enjoy themselves at an event you planned? Do your friends and family consider you the “organized one” or the “planner” in your group? Are you someone who likes to negotiate and get the best price and value at the venue you’re planning for? Do you love a dynamic work environment? Would you want to work for a leading-edge trade association and be at the epicenter of the financial industry? Are you a “people person” and love interacting with members and prospects? Do you consider yourself high energy, eager and enthusiastic? If so, we may have a position for you.
The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives (IPA) is seeking a candidate to lead the the planning and execution of conferences and events and serve as a key public-facing role with our members. The candidate should be proactive and must be able to work independently as well as with a team.
The association is based in Washington, D.C., but the position is 100% home-based/remote. Candidates will be considered within and outside of the Washington, DC Metropolitan area.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Conference & Events
- Plan and execute conferences and events
- Manage and source site selection
- Work with venue on room layouts, food and beverage and audio-visual needs
- Develop, update, and manage conference agenda and planning
- Create and maintain conference reporting metrics, including budgets
- Collaborate with speakers, confirm participation, and maintain an updated list of speakers for each event
- Set up and manage event registration processes within the ASM (Association Management System) or similar platforms, ensuring a seamless registration experience for attendees
- Oversee the development, production, and distribution of event marketing materials and collateral, ensuring branding and messaging consistency for the event
- Support Distribution Partner attendees
- Coordinate hotel reservations
- Track travel
- Coordinate and execute annual sponsorships
- Track sponsorship fulfillment
- Manage outside vendor relationships
- Support IPA Virtual Programs & Webinars
- Manage logistics, technology and execution of virtual programs
- Coordinate and track webinar metrics
- Assist with association database management
- As a member of the IPA staff, work on special projects throughout the year
- Represent the organization at events, which includes travel throughout the United States
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) with at least two years related work experience
- Strong event and/or conference experience
- Experience working in an association environment, in the financial services industry and/or with marketing teams a plus
- Excellent member service skills and strong work ethic
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity or experience with membership/development databases.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally
- Ability to think strategically
- A demonstrated ability to be flexible and willing to dive in and assist with whatever is needed
- Ability to travel required, up to 25%
Location: Fully home-based/remote
Salary: $75,000 – $95,000 per year
Send resume and cover letter to: Hr@ipa.com
The Institute for Portfolio Alternatives (IPA) is the leading trade organization representing asset managers, broker-dealers, registered investment advisers and other entities that provide portfolio diversifying investments to investors. For over 35 years, the IPA has advocated for increased investor access to alternative investment strategies with low correlation to equity markets, as part of a diversified portfolio. Such strategies include real estate, public and private credit and other real assets through investment vehicles such as real estate investment trusts (REITs), business development companies (BDCs), closed-end funds, interval funds and private placements, among others. With nearly $300 billion in capital investments, these portfolio diversifying investments are a critical component of an effectively balanced investment portfolio and serve an essential capital formation function for our national, state and local economies. Further information about the IPA is available at www.ipa.com.