IPA Membership Categories:
% of Members
The Distribution Partners membership category includes wirehouse firms, regional broker dealers, IBDs, financial institutions, RIAs and family offices, that offer portfolio diversifying investment (PDI) products to retail investors.
% of Members
The Asset Managers membership category is composed of firms that develop and manage portfolio diversifying investment (PDI) products, including: REITs, BDCs, interval funds, closed-end funds, opportunity zone funds, DSTs/1031 exchanges and private programs.
% of Members
The Industry Partners membership category is comprised of companies that provide services to the portfolio diversifying investment (PDI) industry including attorneys, transfer agents and custodians, accounting and consulting, due diligence firms, valuation, and financial technology firms (FinTech).
IPA Membership Directory:
IPA Members operate and have investments in all 50 states and around the world.
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- NuView Trust
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Orchard Securities, LLC
- Phoenix American Financial Services
- Preferred Capital Securities
- Proskauer Rose, LLP
- Realto, Inc.
- Rep Driven Results, LLC
- Robert A. Stanger & Co., Inc.
- Scopus Financial Group
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Skyway Capital Markets
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Snyder Kearney, LLC
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- SS&C Technologies
- The Bowman Law Firm, LLC
- The Entrust Group
- tZERO Group, Inc.
- Ultimus Fund Solutions, LLC
- UMB Fund Services
- Venture.co Holdings, Inc.
- WealthForge Technologies, LLC (Altigo)
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- 1776 Wealth LLC
- Advisor Group
- American Portfolios Financial Services, Inc.
- Ameriprise Financial
- Ameritas Investment Corp.
- AOG Wealth Managment
- Apollon Wealth Management
- APW Capital, Inc.
- Arkadios Capital
- Atomi Financial Group, Inc.
- Aurora Securities, Inc.
- Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc.
- Avantax Wealth Management
- AXA Advisors, LLC
- Baker Tilly Capital, LLC
- Benchmark Private Wealth
- Berthel Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc.
- Cabot Lodge Securities, LLC
- Cambridge Investment Research Inc.
- Cape Securities, Inc.
- Capital City Securities, LLC
- Capitol Securities Management, Inc.
- Carter, Terry & Company, Inc.
- Centaurus Financial Inc.
- Certified Financial Group, Inc.
- Cetera Financial Group
- Chauner Securities, Inc.
- Claraphi Advisory Network, LLC
- Concorde Investment Services, LLC
- Conover Securities Corporation
- Corient Capital Partners, LLC
- Crawford 1031 Advisors
- Crescent Securities Group, Inc.
- Crown Capital Securities, L.P.
- D-Merc Services
- Doceo Wealth, LLC
- Dwyer Financial, LLC
- Endeavor Advisors LLC
- Emerson Equity LLC
- Ernst Capital Securities, Inc.
- Fidelity Investments
- First Allied Securities, Inc.
- First Financial Equity Corp.
- FourStar Wealth Advisor LLC
- GCB Private Wealth
- Geneos Wealth Management, Inc.
- Global Investment Company
- H Beck, Inc.
- Hantz Financial Services, Inc.
- Heritage Fincorp, Inc.
- Hilltop Securities inc
- Hornor Townsend & Kent, Inc.
- IBN Financial Services, Inc.
- Infinex Financial Group
- Infinity Financial Services
- Integras Partners
- International Assets Advisory, LLC
- Invicta Advisors LLC
- Invicta Capital LLC
- Coastal Equities, Inc.
- Colorado Financial Service Corporation
- J.W. Cole Financial
- John Hancock Investment Management Services
- Kalos Capital, Inc.
- Kestra Financial
- Kovack Securities
- LaSalle St. Securities, LLC
- Legacy Wealth Management, LLC
- Lincoln Financial Network
- LPL Financial
- Madison Avenue Securities, LLC
- MetLife Broker Dealer Group
- Money Concepts
- Morgan Stanley
- National Securities Corporation
- NEXT Financial Group, Inc.
- NexTrend Securities, Inc.
- Niagara International Capital Limited
- Nobles & Richards, Inc.
- Northland Securities, Inc.
- NPB Financial Group, LLC
- Packerland Brokerage Service
- Partier Securities
- Paulson Investment LLC
- ProEquities, Inc.
- Prospera Financial Services, Inc.
- Regal Securities
- Richfield Orion International Incorporated
- SCF Securities, Inc.
- Securities America, Inc.
- Sigma Financial Corporation
- Signal Securities, Inc.
- Sorrento Pacific Financial, LLC
- Strategic Blueprint, LLC
- The O.N. Equity Sales Company
- The Strategic Financial Alliance
- Thornhill Securities, Inc.
- Triad Advisors, Inc.
- Trustmont Financial Group Inc
- U.S. Bancorp Investments, Inc.
- UBS Financial Services Inc.
- United Planners Financial Services of America
- USA Financial Securities Corporation.
- Venovate Marketplace, Inc.
- Voya Financial
- Waddell & Reed
- WealthForge Securities, LLC
- Wedbush Morgan Securities
- Apollo Global Management
- Ashford Securities, LLC
- Benefit Street Partners
- Black Creek Group
- Bluerock Real Estate
- Brookfield Oaktree Wealth Solutions
- Calamos Investments
- Cantor Fitzgerald
- Capital Square
- Carter Multifamily Fund Management Company LLC
- CIM Group
- CION Investments
- CNL Securities Corp.
- Crow Holdings Capital Partners, L.L.C.
- Conversus, a StepStone Company
- Cottonwood Residential
- DWS RREEF Property Trust
- Eagle Point Credit Management LLC
- EcoVest Capital, LLC
- Four Springs TEN31 Xchange
- FS Investments
- Franklin Templeton Alternatives
- Gladstone Securities
- Greenbacker Capital Management LLC
- Griffin Capital Company, LLC
- GWG Holding, Inc.
- Humphreys Capital
- Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation
- Jones Lang LaSalle Income Property Trust
- KKR & Co.
- Legendary Capital
- Lighthouse Life Capital
- MCI – Megatel Capital Investment
- MDS Energy Development
- NAI Legacy
- NexPoint Securities
- Owl Rock Capital Partners
- Passco Companies
- Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO)
- Pacific Oak Capital Markets Group
- Partners Group (USA), Inc
- Peachtree Hotel Group
- PGIM Real Estate
- Prospect Capital Management L.P.
- Redbrick LMD
- Red Oak Capital Holdings
- Resolute Capital Partners
- Sandy Bay Partners
- Sealy & Company
- SmartStop Asset Management, LLC
- Steadfast Capital Markets Group
- Strategic Capital Fund Management, LLC
- TriLinc Global Impact Fund
- Trilogy Real Estate Group
- Triton Pacific Securities
- Urban Catalyst
- U.S. Energy Development
- Versity Invest LLC
- W. P. Carey Inc.
Thank you for your interest in the Institute for Portfolio Alternatives (IPA).
We are confident that membership in the IPA will provide you and your firm with valuable services and benefits.
Select an application type for more information:
Click here for the IPA Member Code of Conduct.
The Sponsor member category (“Sponsor Member(s)”) is composed of Sponsors who are engaged in the sale or management of direct investment programs.
By way of clarification, the sponsor membership will represent all open and closed, non-liquated private and public, non-listed programs that are currently under management with the ultimate parent advisor as well as any co-sponsored products. For the purpose of membership in the organization and payment of membership dues, a Sponsor shall not include any of the following affiliated entities of such Person: (i) law firms, accounting firms, due diligence firms, analysts, transfer agencies and other service firms (each of which are required to obtain separate associate memberships in the organization and pay appropriate membership dues), and (ii) retail broker-dealers or registered investment advisors (each of which are required to obtain separate broker-dealer or RIA memberships, as applicable).
“Advisor” means the Person primarily responsible for directing, managing or performing day-to-day business affairs of a Direct Investment Program.
“Affiliate” means any Person directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by, or under common control with such other Person.
“Direct Investment Program” means any real estate program, oil and natural gas program, equipment leasing program, managed futures fund, BDC or other program within the scope of the organization’s industry focus.
“Person” means any natural person, partnership, corporation, association, trust, limited liability company or other legal entity.
Sponsor Dues Schedule – Based on Cumulative Equity Raised – Cumulative Equity Raised = Equity raised on all open and closed, non-liquidated private and public, non-listed programs since effective date that are currently under management inclusive of all alternative investment products covered by the IPA’s scope of membership. Do not include debt, DRIP or leverage in this figure.
Associate Members are broken out into two categories General & Independent Wholesaling / Managing Broker-Dealer.
General Associate member category is available to any person or entity not otherwise eligible to become a member under the other defined IPA Membership categories and is composed of enterprises which provide goods or services within the alternative industry space, or which otherwise wish to market to such Members or be associated with the DPP industry. Such as, but not limited to: Attorneys, Due Diligence Firms, Real Estate Firms, Licensed Real Estate Brokers, Management Companies, Mortgage Brokers, Accountants, Consultants, Appraisal Firms, Qualified Intermediaries, Trust Companies, Custodian /Clearing Firms*, Software Firms, Education Firms, Printers, Headhunters and other Industry Related Parties. * Custodians / Clearing Platforms Firms engaged in the guardianship of client assets in service of broker-dealers and/or RIA platforms. Subsidiaries of the same firm, with different functions, are considered as one membership.
General Associate Dues Schedule – Associate’s dues levels are based on total “Gross Industry Related Revenue” earned by the Associate and its affiliates. “Gross Industry Related Revenue” means all revenue received (before reduction for any expenses) in connection with products or services provided to sponsor organizations, issuers, broker-dealers, financial advisors, investors and other service providers with respect to public and private direct participation programs (non-traded limited partnerships and limited liability companies), public and private non-listed REITs, BDCs, Managed Futures and other alternative investments offered or distributed by IPA member firms.
Associate Membership Dues Chart
INDEPENDENT WHOLESALING / MANAGING BROKER-DEALERS
These firms connect investors and financial advisors with direct investment product sponsors. They work closely with the direct investment sponsors management teams and may offer one or several of the following services. Conduct investigations and perform due diligence and analysis with respect to the business and operations of the issuer. Structure, prepare and or review offering materials. Solicit and negotiate broker-dealer selling agreements and/or provides a distribution platform & sells products in the direct investment/alternative investment space.
**An Independent Wholesaling / Managing Broker-Dealer must encourage their partners in which they have dealer management agreements in place to become an IPA member.
Independent Wholesaling / Managing Broker-Dealer Dues Schedule – Independent Wholesaling / Managing Broker-Dealer – tiered based on selling agreements:
• $7,500 with no dealer manager agreements:
*An Independent Wholesaling / Managing Broker-Dealer who have no selling agreements with a sponsor firm in place in the given calendar year.
• $2,500 with dealer manager agreements & direct investment sponsor firms also hold an IPA membership
The Broker Dealer member category (“BD Member(s)”) is composed of FINRA member broker-dealers who are not affiliated through ownership with Sponsor Members and who offer direct investment securities directly to their customers, including FINRA member firms that act as dealer managers for Sponsors of direct investments except as defined by the Associate category.
Broker-Dealer Dues Schedule – Complimentary
RIA (Registered Investment Advisor Firms)
The Registered Investment Advisor Firm member category (“RIA Member(s)”) is composed of registered investment advisor firms which place their customers in direct investments and are not registered with a Broker-Dealer firm whether as individuals or at the firm level, other than for clearing or trading purposes.
RIA Dues Schedule – Complimentary