The IPA Rising Leaders Council is composed of dynamic and talented individuals who are deeply committed to shaping and advancing the PDI industry. This prestigious and dedicated group spearheads strategic education and outreach initiatives on behalf of the IPA. Each member was identified by their firm as an emerging industry leader. Collectively, the Council reflects a broad spectrum of IPA member companies.
The IPA Rising Leaders Council was created under the direction of the IPA Board of Directors in 2020 to recognize talented leaders in the Portfolio Diversifying Investments (PDI) industry by providing an opportunity from them to serve the industry in a leadership capacity early in their careers.
Members of this prestigious group were identified by their firms as emerging industry leaders. Each individual exemplifies excellence, and shares a deep commitment to the IPA’s mission to advance portfolio diversification, and drive transparency and innovation in the marketplace.
Council Members enter their service together and collectively serve a 2-year term.
Council Member Benefits
Throughout the two-year term, IPA Rising Leaders will:
- Be recognized at IPA events and throughout the industry via the IPA’s social media and website.
- Have opportunities to build professional networks with fellow Rising Leaders and through activities involving IPA’s Board and other industry leaders.
- Participate in virtual and in-person programs explicitly created for the Rising Leaders on leadership/professional development, expanding industry knowledge, and hearing first-hand “personal journey” experiences by the industry’s top leaders.
Every two years, IPA members are invited to nominate a candidate from their firm. The applications are reviewed by IPA’s Board and staff and selections are made based on candidate qualifications and ensuring that the Council reflects the IPA’s overall membership composition.
One candidate from each IPA member company who meets the following qualifications may apply:
- At least 5 years of experience in the PDI industry
- Viewed as an emerging leader within your current firm
- Under the age of 40 on June 30, 2022
- Attend IPAVision conferences in 2022 and 2023. (IPAVision 2022 is in Nashville, September 20-22, 2022. The dates and location for IPAVision 2023 are TBD)
- Attend one IPA Summit/Hill Day during their two-year term. (Typically held in May in Washington, DC. Specific dates TBD)
In addition, each applicant must be sponsored by a senior leader in their firm. Participating companies agree to support their IPA Rising Council Member underwriting travel, hotel and registration costs for IPAVision in 2022 and 2023, and one IPA Summit/Hill Day during the two-year term.
The application period for the 2022 Rising Leader Council is open from April 1 – April 29, 2022.
The next application period will be in the Spring of 2024.
You can review the Rising Leaders Council application by clicking here.
We suggest that you prepare a few items ahead of time. When you fill out the application, you will be asked to submit:
- Two letters of recommendation from leaders in your firm
- A brief personal statement that conveys why you are interested in serving on the Rising Leader Council (Not to exceed 300 words)
- A personal or professional accomplishment that you’ve achieved. (300 words or less, can be within or outside of the PDI industry)